Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: EZLDR is missing error, Unable to boot from USB< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Zuzuitu Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2015,04:29  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The problem is that i dont have time to test and build step by step..with this project i stayed like a year to have the time to finish it. My build includes windows xp (edited), 7 aio (edited), 8.1 aio (edited) and some tools.
So, are you willing to help me step by step if i upload the iso, and make a tutorial ? This way we can speed the process and i will understand better. And i know then i;m not the only one that want this kind of help for this kind of project.
Waiting for an positive answer, my regards.
PS: You can give me a pm with the answer, if you want. thanks again.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
balder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2015,07:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

First of all - I must urge you to keep this discussion on this forum as it helps other users as well and further more; this requires much time and engagement on my part - time I do not have in the foreseeable future :(
I can, however, bit by bit guide you forward - but expect setbacks and lots of rework :O
You are hereby recommended to use a USB hard drive - yes in fact you have to use a hard drive for best results. Using a USB stick is really not recommended - far too tedious with USB stick.
And a reason for this is the WinXP case and also Win7 and Win8 in same build :p
----------------------------

Quote: "My build includes windows xp (edited), 7 aio (edited), 8.1 aio"
Launch setup of WinXP from USB can not be performed the same way as run setup from CD\DVD-unit. This makes things even more complicated for you - but not impossible
Note: WinXP was never intended to be used from USB drive.

You need a special 'help-program' to fix issue with WinXP from USB - download HERE

If using this program you copy file 'setupxp.img' from my script-folder 'balder\USB_resources' to folder EZBOOT and use menu command 'run setupxp.img'
---------------

But you can also test this download HERE

If using this program you still can use my 'run setupxp.img'-file but we need to do some simple edit inside this file to make it work (very easily done though)
-----------------

So the 'ball' is in your hands - start with the tedious WinXP issue (we must start with WinXP as it is so special - not intended to run setup from USB drive at all but can be solved) ???

You already now should create menu entries in EasyBoot menu (we can later fill in the exact command lines to each menu entry) but you need background etcetera to be finished and menu entries enough to launch all your different stuff you like to have in the final build :)
----------------

regards balder

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 2019-05-19. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2015,02:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: "So, are you willing to help me step by step if i upload the iso, and make a tutorial ?"

I can give you step by step instructions but I do not want any ISO's or files from you - I already have these in my position.
If they are edited in your case it still shouldn't have any impact to my instructions :cool:

I have tested to run setup of Win7 and Win8 from same USB harddisk, practicing tutorial given in post nr; 8  (having setup files and folders from respectively OP-system - Win7 and Win8.1 -  put on to different partitions and launched setup from EasyBoot menu using my 'kicker-images' mentioned in post nr;8 and this worked excellent)

But as WinXP also is currently intended to be integrated in your build I suggest you use a USB hard disk and create 4 partitions.

Make Partition 1 as FAT32 and make sure that partition 2 and 3 and 4 are large enough to hold your win7 and/or Win8 files and folders.
Note it doesn't matter on witch partition respectively win7\Win8 files and folders later are copied to - as long as they are put to separate partitions of course :O

So start with a USB harddisk and create 4 partitions; part-1 FAT32 (make this part-1 as 'active'), part-2 NTFS, part-3 NTFS and finally part-4 NTFS (though it's enough with 3 partition)
-----------------------------
Note: I'm occupied this weekend. Must hurry me to my oldest daughter and help to change the locks and more on her big house :p

I will present instructions after the weekend. In the meantime, I want to know which other ISO's you had intended to include in your building (ISO's for repairs, etc. might or what?) ???
-----------------

EDIT!
Attention! It's impossible to use a USB stick\thumb drive in this case - you must use a USB hard drive.
Reason is that we must put setup of WinXP to the first partition and we must use FAT32 to this first partition as well to make it possible to run file ezldr (using folder EZBOOT) on that partition.

And if  using USB stick\thumb drive, then partition 2 and 3 and 4 is not visible to Windows and when launching setup of Win7/8 the 'WinPE' launches alright but halts later as it cannot find the setup files as these are hided to the Windows-PE. This is not the case if using an USB hard drive.

You need a USB hard drive - do you have such one in your position?
------------------------------

regards balder

Edited by balder on Mar. 09 2015,15:36

--------------
Note: Script collection updated 2019-05-19. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 09 2015,16:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry for late response, busy all the time...

Ok, first of all i tried to boot xp to see if he works with easyboot. It did but at some time i had an error that amdbusdr,sys is missing and that i need to rr the pc. Here i think is my xp problem, right ? i will look tomorrow maybe for this error.

Second, i did all the 4 partitions of the hdd.
1. FAT32 primary active (for Xp maybe, right ?)
2. NTFS primary (win7 ?)
3. NTFS primary (win8.1)
4. NTFS primary also (for other tools, see photo)

Ok, i have all this till now. Please explain again my next step and hope i will understand what to do  :ghostface:  :ghostface:

Thanks in advance, Alex

PS: This is my project
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2015,05:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: " Please explain again my next step and hope i will understand what to do"

Okay I'm drawing the conclusion that you use a USB hard disk unit and not a USB stick drive - we must use USB hard drive :O

However we still need a USB stick to collect the WinXP setup files.

But at this point we must performe some preparations to your USB harddrive
We start with 'section A'

Section A.
1. Only have your USB harddrive  plugged in to computer.
Run my script 'easyboot-USB_V2.script' and point to any ISO - preferable a small tiny one when script asking for a file (we really don't need this file, this script-process is only done to create a grub MBR including needed grub files to the USB drive).
Note: script automatically find the right USB drive and also automatically find the first partition - script do not make any changes at all to other possible partitions to your USB drive. Attention! You also must set UAC (User-Account-Control) to lowest settings if running any NT6-system (Vista/Win7/win8 or server-2008).

2. If all went well you now have file 'grldr' and a text-file 'menu.lst' and that file (ISO or floppy image) on your USB drives first partition (the FAT32-partition)
Now delete all files and folders except files grldr and menu.lst

3. Open 'menu.lst' (notepad works fine) and delete all text and replace with this text:

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /EZBOOT/ezldr
chainloader --raw /EZBOOT/ezldr

Save changes to menu.lst

4. Create menu in EasyBoot (typically 'run setupxp.img', 'run setupwin7.img', 'run setupwin8.img' and other menu commands or whatever you use to your menu
Note: if having other large ISO-files (WinPE or some repair ISO's that are pretty large in size, you use menu command 'run /***.iso' and later copy these ISO's to the first partition of your USB drive (read post nr;2)
You must already here copy 'setupxp.img', 'setupwin7.img' and 'setupwin8.img'  from my folder 'balder/USB_Resources' to folder EZBOOT - we need these 'kicker-images'

5. When you are finished with your menu you create a ISO (to make changes take affect).
Note: you don't need to have all those ISO's in folder 'disk1' only have folder EZBOOT that is very small which ends up with a small ISO.

6. Now open ISO created by EasyBoot and extract folder EZBOOT to partition one on your USB drive (the FAT32-partition).
Test if USB drive can launch EasyBoot menu (use my script 'easyboot-USB_v2.script' and push button 'Test USB device in qemu'. This is a basic test to check if file 'ezldr' is launched correctly which then launch EasyBoot menu.

7. From this point we don't need to use ISO created in EasyBoot anymore.

8. Copy your ISO's to USB drive (the first partition)

9. Reboot computer and set USB drive to boot. Does it boot correctly including EasyBoot menu. Can you launch your ISO's correctly etcetera...

If above works let's go to section B

--------------------------
The WinXP setup section

Section B.
1. Download 'WinSetupFromUSB_0-2-3.exe' (if not already done so) from HERE and install it to the root (C:)  

2. Already at this point you must have a separate folder with all extracted setup files and folders from your original winxp (or the edited version of WinXP) - this is the 'source' you browse and point to in program 'WinSetupFromUSB'.
Attention! You must use original folder name to WinXP (original name to setup folder of WinXP is 'i386' - don't use a different name to this folder)

3. Unplug the USB hard drive and plug in an clean USB stick (formatted to FAT32).
Run 'WinSetupFromUSB'
It take a while to create setup files to the USB stick (and skip the call from program to use NTFS and keep FAT32 as it is).

4. If all went well you now have folder ' $WIN_NT$.~BT' and folder ' $WIN_NT$.~LS' and a bunch of other files and perhaps some folder you have in build as well.

5. Plug in your USB hard drive and copy all files and folders from USB stick to the first partition on your USB hard drive (the FAT32-partition) - this can take some time...

6. You can use my script to test if WinXP setup is launched correctly from Easyboot menu
--------------------

The final part...
Section C.

1. Copy (or extract from ISO) all files and folders related to Win7 to one of the partitions and copy (or extract from ISO) all files and folders related to Win8 to another different partition
Note: you can easily have 4 partitions if using USB hard drive

2. Rename 'bootmgr' that belongs to your Windows7 files on USB hard disk to the name: setupwin7

3. Rename 'bootmgr' that belongs to your Windows8 files on USB hard disk to the name: setupwin8

Test by rebooting if you can launch setup of these OP-system (you can always abort setup to not destroy your working OP-system)

-----------------
Some information that can be handy to know...

If making changes to EasyBoot menu you only need to push to 'Save' in EasyBoot and then copy your main menu ' DEFAULT.ezb' (or whatever name you use to your ***.ezb-file) to folder EZBOOT on USB drive - overwriting existing menu (you must force overwriting ***.ezb-file on USB drive)
This makes it extremely easy to edit the ***.ezb-file that is used on USB drive.
Only remember to push to 'Save' button in EasdyBoot to make changes take affect to menu and then copy '''.ezb file to the USB drive inside folder EZBOOT overwriting existing ***.ezb file)

In case you get "Error 60: File for drive emulation must be in one contiguous disk area" when launching some ISO: you use 'easyboot-USB_v2.script' and push the 'Defrag' button in 'Defrag Section' in script.
Script then tries to make all ISO's found on that USB partition contiguous (you can read about this if pushing 'Help' button in script)
-----------------

Okay let's see how far this works for you :cool:

By the way - nice project you are working on
I notice Hiren is onboard ???
Hiren can not run directly from ISO (only some parts of it works this way)

And now I notice you want Trinity as well - that is a hard nut to crack - but I'm sure I can  crack the Trinity issue when you are ready

We can return to these issues later... :;):

------------------
regards balder

Edited by balder on Apr. 28 2015,08:13

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2015,15:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello. All good till now, just finished section A and test with qemu and it boots well, hurray!
Before i go to section B, some questions :))

1. I noticed in all post n15 that later i need to copy win7 to second partition and win8.1 to 3rd partition, and i think my 4 is for tools (i guess trinity maybe inside with hiren). My doubt, what iso's to copy (you said at the end on section A) to my first partition FAT32 ?!
2. As well, what to launch in boot and test since i don't have already my isos inside and is not finished.

THANKS
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2015,18:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: " and i think my 4 is for tools (i guess trinity maybe inside with hiren"

No you cannot use part-4 to Trinity but maybe Hiren can be run from part-4 but not recommende method to use
Note: EasyBoot menu can only launch ISO's or any other program from part-1 and not from a different partition.
To launch ISO that is put on let's say part-4 you need a grub-kicker-image :p
Same type of kicker-image we use to launch setup of Win7/8 from part-2 or part-3 or part-4
We can easily modify kicker-image to launch any ISO from let's say  part-4

But Trinity must be put to part-1 (the FAT32-partition)

Of course the most easy way to do it is to have all ISO's on part-1 and further more, most Linux distro's must be run from FAT (FAT32 is most used and works well), as NTFS mostly prohibit Linux from run smoothly :(

If I where in your position, I would use first partition and 'save' part-4 to future use.
I would most likely put other 'utilities (only ISO's) like MsDart or active-boot-disk.iso and similar nice tools/utility or any other ISO's that can be run from an NTFS partition.
To make this possible, you make an copy of the 'setupxp.img' you have in my folder 'balder/USB-Resources' and rename this kicker-image to a new name like 'msdart60.img' and then open that image (I use always UltraIso) and extract text-file 'menu.lst' and edit text to look like this:

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /msdart60.iso
map /msdart60.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot

Save changes to menu.lst and inject it back to the floppy image msdart60.img
Copy kicker-image to folder EZBOOT and use menu command:  run msdart60.img

Make changes to USB drive accordingly and finally copy msdart60.iso to part-4 (you must use name msdart60.iso as this is used in menu.lst)
Don't forget to copy msdart60.img to folder EZBOOT on USB drive and to replace ***.ezb-file in folder EZBOOT on USB drive with the new menu command in Easyboot menu

You can continue making copies and modifying text-file menu.lst in that kicker-image (Only change name to ISO-name in menu.lst and put it back to kicker-image to make changes take affect inside kicker-image)

Further more, you can create a new folder inside folder EZBOOT and put kicker-images inside that folder to have a more clean environment inside folder EZBOOT
Let's say you name new folder to 'images' and you copy msdart60.img to folder images inside folder EZBOOT.
The menu command to launch msdart60.img is then changed from the normal 'run msdart60.img' to this: run /ezboot/images/msdart60.img

This launch kicker-image and in this case menu.lst points to a ISO-file with the name msdart60.iso
As grub is used to kicker-image, grub scan all four partitions for a file msdart60.iso that is on the root of any partition - grub then launch ISO-file. All done from part-1 and the EZBOOT-folder with its grub-kicker-images - not bad
-----------------
Conclusion:

You must put Trinity on the first partition and best is to do the same to Hiren
Note: both Trinity and Hiren need 'special treatment' to work correctly.
Tell me when you are ready for this part.
But other ISO's (especially ISO's based on NT6-systems) can be put to any partition and launched using kicker-images.
I'm pretty sure the Acronis ISO could be launched from part-4 using kicker-image (give it a try if you like)
But I recommend part-1 because it is much more simple to solve using EasyBoot menu:  run /acronis.iso and put ISO to the root of part-1

-------------------------------
Quote: "As well, what to launch in boot and test since i don't have already my isos inside and is not finished"

I'm unsure what you mean by this ???
The point is to test if the USB drive booted at all (which it seems to do) then you can put Acronis ISO-file to part-1 and test that one - using menu command:  run /acronis.iso (or whatever name you use to acronis ISO-file).

You cannot run Trintity ISO-file as it is - needs 'special treatment :O
And you cannot run Hiren ISO-file as it is - needs special treatment :O
But as told - it's possible Acronis might work - test and see
--------------------

regards balder

Edited by balder on Mar. 10 2015,18:49

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 11 2015,01:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry balder, still confused..
In section b you said that i need to copy cp to partition 1 which is fat32, i did it and then in section c ypu said that i need to copy the files from win 7 to partition 2 and files from win 8.1 to partition 3 and now in the last reply you said that i need to copy all isos to partition 1 so that easyboot to work better. And now, my question, where do i have to copy all my isos ? To partition 1 or like you told in section C ?! Which steps ?
Thanks and sorry for giving you headache... :)
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 11 2015,03:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: "Sorry balder, still confused.."

Sorry if I made you confused :p

The point is this:

You CANNOT launch ISO that is put on part-2 or part-3 or part-4 from EasyBoot menu using
'standard menu command' which is 'run ***.iso'  (this menu command can only be used if ISO's are put to part-1 same where folder EZBOOT is put into)

However you can still put ISO's to part-2, part-3 and part-4 and launch this ISO's from EasyBoot menu, but to solve this you must use 'grub-kicker-images' designed by me.
Further more; let's say you want to use 'YLMF.ISO' (which is an WinXP clone based on Linux), this ISO can be launched as it is using a very special prepared kicker-image that I have created, but there's a catch, YLMF.ISO can only run from FAT32 (99%  of the Linux distro's needs FAT32 - NTFS is not any option in such case).

Above means following in your case:

Linux based ISO's can only (in your case), run from part-1 (as you use FAT32 to this partition)
Windows based or isolinux-based ISO's can be launched from all partitions but again, there's a catch :O
In many cases we need to practice 'frugal solution' ('poor mans solution' described in post nr;8) and 'frugal solution' can only be used to part-1 (the 'real root')
Such ISO's where we extract some folder and files to the root ('frugal solution') to make it work, must use part-1 as the OP-system (Linux or whatever) mostly looks/search in the 'root' to find its files/folders as the root is part-1.

The sum becomes: you can NOT put some ISO to part-2 or part-3 or part-4 and simply use EasyBoot menu command;  run ***.iso  (this can never work as EasyBoot is not able to find such ISO)
Section B is only about WinXP Setup Files

Section C is 'easy as pie' but take some time to perform (a lot of files to copy over)

Okay I know, there is a lot to absorb in a short time, but let's keep it to your present build
Just trying to help you avoid the pitfalls many users fall into :O  

Do section B which only is about WinXP setup-files
Test and see if it works alright and then we continue with Acronis, Trinity and finally Hiren :cool:  

regards balder

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 12 2015,15:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok now, everything looks so easy when i did it myself and tested .. :)
Some problems..i'm a lucky guy, as usual..

1. Since my xp, well, has 3 xp's inside the iso, it's a modified like i told, the WinSetupFromUSB didn't saw it like a xp (it's normally i know) since it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/gitZKrG.png

The setupldr.bin are in folder xp01, 02 and 03. And since i want all 3 and not separately i was then thinking (dummy me) then i can only copy the iso of this xp into root of 1st partition (fat32) with the simple command run /winxp.iso and that's it, piece of cake.

After that i test it and everything works good and starts to boot and enter in setup but my problem is that is giving me an error after some little time that amdbusdr.sys could not be found, or something like that.

Any solution ? Any idea ?

2. I did the section C as told and extract my files of win 7 and 8.1 into partition 2 and 3 and renamed those bootmgr and then i also test it but when i enter to setup 7 or 8.1 keeps saying Starting chain ... and nothing happens.
Means that he can't find the files right ?

Solutions ?

Thanks again.
23 replies since Mar. 03 2015,06:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply EZLDR is missing error
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code