Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 3<<123

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: EZLDR is missing error, Unable to boot from USB< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
balder Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 13 2015,05:20  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: "Any solution ? Any idea ?"

The WinXP cannot be solved as long as you not use the original folder name (i386) :O
Program 'WinSetupFromUSB' expecting to find a folder i386 and that is not what you offer the program in this case.
You are stuck as long you use a different name to folder i386 :(

Attention! You cannot run setup of WinXP from its ISO as setup-files are 'hard-coded'.
Setup sure launches but cannot find the 'core-files' and there you are stuck ???

The solution could be this:

1. Rework your WinXP to have setup folder with its original name 'i386'

2. Create your 3 different WinXP with its different OEM-folders and unattended file etcetera, but keep original folder name 'i386' :O

3. Run program 'WinSetupFromUSB' as usual but the second time you run 'WinSetupFromUSB', program will halt and give you 3 options - you choose option 2 (NO) - you choose to rename existing folders and files on your USB stick.

4. Do the same third time you run 'WinSetupFromUSB' (third different WinXP you have).
---------------------------
A problem now occurs. My kicker-image 'setupxp.img' points to folder name '$WIN_NT$.~BT' but you now on USB stick also have a folder $WIN_00$.~BT and a folder $WIN_01$.~BT as well (if all went well with 'WinSetupFromUSB'). How to solve this issue?

Do it this way:

1. Open kicker-image 'setupxp.img' (use UltraISO) and extract text file 'menu.lst' to somewhere.

2. Right-click to extracted 'menu.lst' and chose to edit (or choose to 'open with') use notepad.

3. Rename folder names $WIN_NT$.~BT to $WIN_00$.~BT in both text lines in 'menu.lst' and save changes.

Example how to modify text lines:

From original:
find --set-root --ignore-floppies /$WIN_NT$.~BT /SETUPLDR.BIN
chainloader /$WIN_NT$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN

to this

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /$WIN_00$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN
chainloader /$WIN_00$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN

(notice bold letters which is the only part that needs to be
modified)

4. Insert back modified 'menu.lst' to setupxp.img and in UltraIso choose 'Save As' and give setupxp.img a new name 'setupxp2.img'  (or whatever name you choose).
Copy modified kicker-image to folder EZBOOT as usual, and use menu command as usual;  run setupxp2.img

5. Do the same (modify text in menu.lst) to $WIN_01$.~BT and create a third setupxp.img (setupxp3.img or whatever name you prefer). Copy to folder EZBOOT and use menu command as usual;  run setupxp3.img  

From original:

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /$WIN_NT$.~BT /SETUPLDR.BIN
chainloader /$WIN_NT$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN

to this

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /$WIN_01$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN
chainloader /$WIN_01$.~BT/SETUPLDR.BIN

---------------------------
Okay this should solve your problems with WinXP
--------------------------

I have to come back to the Win7/8 issue later as I'm occupied with renovations of my house residence which took much more time than estimated - however I guess my age is an factor here as well :D

-----------------
regards balder

Edited by balder on Mar. 13 2015,09:37

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 2019-05-19. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 22
Zuzuitu Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2015,17:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got the xp working, waiting for the others. Thanks
 Post Number: 23
balder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2015,04:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@Zuzuitu

Quote: "Got the xp working, waiting for the others"

The win7/8 issue...

I have tested this before - and I would be more than happy to test it again - however I'm sure solution in post nr;15 HERE do work

This works BUT ONLY if the size is reasonable to build
You cannot use setup file 'install.wim' (inside folder 'sources') that is to big (4GB is the absolute maximum) and having sizes to 'install.wim' that are larger then 3 GB can cause problems

Quote from post nr;20 : "when i enter to setup 7 or 8.1 keeps saying Starting chain"
It seems the setup file 'setupwin7'  (you changed name from 'bootmgr' to 'setupwin7') is launched but the setup sequence then is halted by some reason I cannot understand for the moment - let's leave this issue for the moment and focus to Hiren respectively Trinity
------------------

Try this Hiren solution:

Open Hiren ISO-file (use UltraIso) and extract folder 'HBCD' to the root of your USB hard drive (the 'root' is part-1)
Optionally you can also extract file 'Menu.cmd' to the 'root' (part-1) on your USB hard drive
File 'Menu.cmd' launch built-in utilities that Hiren is full of (nice 'tools' there)
And can be handy to have onboard your build :;):

Use menu command:  run /hbcd/grldr
Push 'Save' in EasyBoot to make changes take place to menu and do as before, copy saved menu ***.ezb to folder EZBOOT on the USB drive, overwriting existing ***.ezb file
Now you can test if Hiren works :)  
Note: best is to reboot computer and do a 'real test' from the USB drive
-------------------

The Trinity solution - which is rather 'circumstantial' to solve... ???

Test this solution:

1. Download 'xbootvs1.0beta14.exe' from HERE(or whatever download you can find)

2. Use a clean spare USB stick (format to FAT32 so it is clean before run xboot)

3. Launch xboot and 'drag-and-drop' trinity ISO to xboot window and press to 'Create USB' (lower right corner)

4. Select USB drive and press OK - xboot is doing 'its things'

5. Copy folders 'boot', 'images' and finally folder 'trk3' from USB stick to the 'root' of your USB hard drive (root is part-1)
Attention! If folder 'boot' is used already (or will later be used) then you must merge folders boot.
If already folder 'boot' is used, do it this way: from inside of folder boot on your 'spare USB stick' you simply copy folder 'grub4dos' and folder 'syslinux' to inside folder 'boot' on your USB hard drive.
You might need to do the same with folder 'images' (merge files to folder images if needed)

6. Create menu in EasyBoot as usual and use menu command: run /images/trinityrescuekitbuild.iso

7. Again save changes to EasyBoot menu and copy ***.ezb to USB drive overwriting existing menu.

8. THE FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT PART!
Right-click to your USB hard drive and choose 'properties' and change name to your drive - use name XBOOT. Right-click to USB stick and notice name to USB stick - it is changed to exactly XBOOT as you can notice, and we must do the same to your USB hard drive
Trinity is one of those stupid distro's that need the exact drive letter name to work correctly - stupid but needed.
---------------------

Test above and see if you can make it work alright
I know - there is again a lot of stuff to absorb. As told before - 'there is no such thing as free lunch' :;):

regards balder

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 2019-05-19. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 24
Zuzuitu Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2015,11:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you for your time balder. I will be glad to give you a donation if you give me your paypal email.
As it's too much for my time i'm going to watch google for a simple better solution for my project, maybe easy2boot.
Again, thank you for your time, cheers.
Alex
23 replies since Mar. 03 2015,06:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 3<<123
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply EZLDR is missing error
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code