Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack, In Need of Little Help...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
blackwater101726 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2011,15:44  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi, I have Recently done download a Copy of EZBOOT

Works like charm until the End, Where i use VMWARE to see if it works, it does show up the MENU part and i can choose, but from where i choose which one i want, it dont want to go any further,

isolinux.bin
memtest86+.bin

Wished i knew what to do, in the Command i type run isolinux.bin for BT3 and run memtest86+.bin for backtrack 4R2.

If im not doing this correctly please help. its only 2 on one dvd.

Edited by balder on Apr. 19 2011,15:52
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
balder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2011,16:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Welcome to this forum @blackwater101726
Note: I deliberately removed some letters  in your opening "sentence" - as you are recommended to bye your own licence (hope you don’t mind :;): )

Quote: “Wished i knew what to do, in the Command i type run isolinux.bin for BT3 and run memtest86+.bin for backtrack 4R2”
I which I “knew” better what you exactly are talking about ???
However I guess you mean “Backtract-3” (BT3) and memtest (I downloaded memtest from HERE)

If you mean something else let me know.

Solution to memtest:
1. copy memtest ISO-file to folder ezboot and in same time rename ISO to memtest.iso
2. Use menu command in EasyBoot menu:  bcdw /ezboot/memtest.iso

I downloaded this backtrack-3 from HERE
Solution to launch backtrack:

1. open downloaded BT3 ISO (I use Ultra ISO for this operation)
2. extract folder BT3 from inside of ISO to easyboot\disk1
3. delete folder BT3 in ISO-file (we don’t need that folder there as we now have extracted folder BT3 to the root = folder disk1).
4. Save reduced ISO-file that now is heavily reduced in size.
5. Use my script easyboot-iso.script and integrate reduced ISO-file to Easyboot.
6. Use meny command given by script in Easyboot menu
7. when creating ISO in EasyBoot, check “Joliet”

Note: you have script-collection below in every post I write in this forum :cool:
Read carefully “READ_ME.html” in download especially this part :O :

“About spaces in files and folder names.
Don’t use folders like “Program files”. Folder "Documents and settings" has spaces in name - not good.
Generally - do not use desktop (Note: your desktop is a sub-folder to "Documents and settings". Not good).
Please use the root [C:\] and not your desktop as working area!
Best results is to have EasyBoot installed on the root [C:\] The same to folder "Winbuilder_complete"
Put ISO-files that you later want to integrate into EasyBoot, in a folder on the root - or at least somewhere in some folder that DO NOT have spaces in name.
Make sure to avoid spaces in names to ISO-file(s)”

balder

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2011,18:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder....  :(

Unforunatlly I havent been able to understand on how to do it...  :(

I have came so far to the END Part : Commands.....

Where can i find ISOLINUX.BIN as ISOLINUX.ISO format? This is what i am looking for for backtrack 3 to show up... I found a Program Called Memtest86.iso and works great, But backtrack 3 im having a problem with as for BACKTRACK 4r2.

Wished we had a Video Tuturail of backtrack 3./4/ with EZBOOT
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2011,02:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: “Unforunatlly I havent been able to understand on how to do it...  ”

What do you not understand ???
Download script collection and extract folder “winbuilder_complete” to C:
Read also “READ_ME.html” in downloaded zip-file.

Follow tutorial in post nr;2
In same post I showed you where I downloaded backtrack-3
Question is: are we dealing with same backtrack or what ???

balder

--------------
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2011,06:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes i think we are dealing with the SAME "Backtrack Final" WIreless Pentesting DVD, Which is only under 700MB but Must Use DVD. :)

My and My Roomate Yesterday spent all day doing this how many countless times, now we are at the last part, command and now check sum errors. Yes i did download it from the site. Thank you. How ever Still not working right/correctly......  :angry:

isolinux.bin is tiny..... 12,2kb i dont think this is correct.  i was thinking more like 3,500kb file.  ???
This is the Full version I have Key on hand.  :(

Proof?  it looks like : ( 0000-0000-0000-0000) then it activates. then i restart the program.

Im doing everything ur saying.... Something isnt right. ???
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2011,06:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Note: Script collection updated 15 April 2011. Please do new complete download

:D
oh dang, brb later...... homework...

Balder No offense But too much white and blue grabs the attention, Grey is profoundly almost blind.  sorry :D
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2011,07:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Post nr; 5
Quote: “Im doing everything ur saying.... Something isnt right....  ”
No you ARE NOT :(  following tutorial in post nr; 2

Quote: “isolinux.bin is tiny.....”
What isolinux.bin ???  ???
You do not have any use of any “isolinux.bin-file” ???
Where did you find that file in my tutorial???
DON’T forget to check “Joliet” when creating ISO in EasyBoot (read again tutorial in post nr; 2)

----------------------------------------------

Post nr; 6
Quote: “Balder No offense But too much white and blue grabs the attention”.
I’m using the excellent and famous script-engine WinBuilder.exe
I have no control of the layout used in script-engine.
This is a VERY famous and reliable program and millions of people have send “inputs” how the WinBuilder.exe should have for type of “style”.

I guess that you are that 1000 001 user that disagree with layout (colours etcetera) used in WinBuilder :;):

I have tested tutorial in post nr; 2 and it is working excellent
I then used easyboot-grub-iso.script to transfer build to one of my USB sticks
Everything works great – it’s a nice piece of program that backtrack.

balder

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2011,21:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

I will take the night and redo everything from start to finish... :cool:

isolinix.bin was from the Backtrack Boot File. Isolinux. 11kb.
not quite sure if you meant that....  If not where else can i down load that Isolinux.bin  ???

if so, i didnt have to check "Joilet" Cause Ultra Iso did it for me, i couldn't change it, either. So it was checked.    :)  I use both at once and individually. didnt work.

For the command i used :  run isolinux.bin  <---for backtrack 3.  last past error i got was check sum. My roomate tried 5 different times last night. my turn.

Be back later... Sorry i seen the Wind builder, When i look at it looks Great, but confusing.... I'll try that too and Magic Iso. I love the EZBOOT! want it to be my 1st choice. Altho it remains picture size. love it
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2011,01:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: “If not where else can i down load that Isolinux.bin”

Why are you keeping on nagging about isolinux.bin-file ???
You don’t need to use this file as you instead are using solution given in tutorial in post nr; 2

Quote: “Cause Ultra Iso did it for me”

Why don’t you simply create ISO-file using EasyBoot ???

You are acting quite opposite to what I instruct you – don’t understand why :(

Quote “When i look at it looks Great, but confusing”

What is confusing?
Note: hundreds of EasyBoot-fans are daily using script-collection without having problem :;):
I’m sure you haven’t used “READ_ME.html” in download, or did you?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay as you persist to NOT following guide-lines given by me in post nr; 2 - and as I’m known to be a kind person I will give you two other working solutions :;):

Solution one:
1. Open backtrack ISO with UltraIso and extract folder “boot” and folder BT3” to folder disk1 in EasyBoot.
2. Create menu in EasyBoot and use menu command.  bcdw /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin
3. When creating ISO in EasyBoot (pushing button “Make ISO”) check “Joliet”
Tested and working
Note: you cannot be sure it is working correctly if tested in only “Virtual environment”.

Solution two:
1. Open backtrack ISO with UltraIso and extract folder “boot” and folder BT3” to folder disk1 in EasyBoot.
2. Again open backtrack.iso-file using UltraIso and save boot-file (in UltraIso “Bootable>>Save boot file…”) and save boot file to folder ezboot with the name “backtrack.bif”
3. Create menu in EasyBoot and use menu command.  Bootinfotable;run backtrack.bif

When creating ISO in EasyBoot (pushing button “Make ISO”) check “Joliet”
Tested and working
Note: you cannot be sure it is working correctly if tested in only “Virtual environment”.

balder

Edited by balder on Apr. 21 2011,02:16

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2011,06:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Solution one:
2. Create menu in EasyBoot and use menu command.  bcdw /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin
3. When creating ISO in EasyBoot (pushing button “Make ISO”) check “Joliet”
Tested and working

AMEN !  :D  WORKS like a CHARM alone, Now Balder, One last ?. How do we put the whole Collection on the DVD? I have Backtrack 1,2,3,4 waiting on 5 next month. Actually on my sons birthday.  :D

Is there anyway I can donate for you to write out a script? I would be very happy, Being Deaf and The english i have isnt pretty good. Amen to your work, Love it. :cool:
41 replies since Apr. 19 2011,15:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code