Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 5<<12345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack, In Need of Little Help...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
blackwater101726 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2011,08:12  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder, Perhaps just the Command for BT4 R2.  I do every thing else the same way boot and grub. then the bin file.
? ???

BT 3 I left it  just the way... you had it.
bcdw /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin

Wondering whats BT4 R2??? :cool:
bcdw /boot1/memtest86+.bin

Since it has Grub Folder and boot. I had to rename boot to boot1 other wise it would over write/ put them, together. would this be ok together? or no....? ???

Let me knows plz. thks :laugh:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
balder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2011,13:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: “Since it has Grub Folder and boot. I had to rename boot to boot1 other wise it would over write/ put them, together”

That’s why I urge you to use solution given in post nr, 2
Using my script solves problem with folder names :;):

In same post I gave you solution how to launch memtest (and download link to memtest) - is there some difference between memtest you are using and download I pointed out for you ???  

If no difference, then use solution for memtest in post nr; 2

I persist that you should use scripts as problem with same folder name are mostly solved this way – this should not be any problem for the “average” user of today’s computer technology.
:O
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

Quote: “Wondering whats BT4 R2”

I’m not at my residence and using my own computer – it’s my daughters!
He, he She has a “super-natural” mix of blond and red hair and sure has the same temperament if things “go bad” with her computer – but He, he - for the moment she’s out on high heals and dancing :;):
So I don’t dare downloading and testing too much on this little tiny machine (LG-X110).
He, he I don’t like to get a kick of those high heals – I can tell you that :laugh:

However I’m positive that you can use the “frugal solution” as told in post nr; 2 even to ISO-file for BT4 R2 as well (using script “easyboot-iso.script”).

balder

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2011,21:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder the way i did it alone with out backtrack 3 and doing bt4 alone, it works all the way to the boot screen and does

all the way down, ???  Be back
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,03:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

Im trying very hard about the backtrack 4 R2,
Backtrack 2 and 3 work the same, tried just about the same as what i did. Backtrack 4 R2 im just going to need a Write out Script "On how to" like you did for me, Each time i do backtrack 4 R2 alone, i get
8000 all the way down

for somereason I dont want memtest.iso at least i know isos work. cant i just put an iso in the file and use BT4 like Memtest.iso? the one you told me to download, i did. works... but not what im looking for. do i need memtest.iso for BT4 to work properly?  ???
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,03:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

I am not at my residence and therefore must use my daughters tiny computer (small laptop) :(

I’m currently downloading BT4-r2 (unfortunately 2GB large ISO) – take some time as I’m using slow internet connection ???

I’ll be back after a couple of ours - or late evening - when download is finished and I’m in position to investigate what type of BT-ISO-file this is ???

Balder

--------------
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,03:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder, Trade Secrets:

Visit my Website for Educational Wifi....

www.wifiradiowaves.webs.com

Do you own the EZB System Corp?
Is there anyway i can pay for Video Clips....

Would make Donation money.. Pre Video. thought to ask.

Thank you for trying it out.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,05:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: ”Do you own the EZB System Corp?”
O no, not at all :laugh:  – I’m just a humble user of this piece of fine software :;):

However at current time I’m one of several chosen to led this forum.

Note: I have now finaly downloaded BT4_R2 and opened ISO (used UltraIso).

I’m pretty sure you can use my “frugal solution” as described in post nr; 2 :O
But here you instead extract folder “casper” to folder disk1 in Easyboot
But the rest is the same.

I cannot use this computer as I do not have the licensed Easyboot installed in this little tiny laptop.
I have to wait until I’m home at my residence – using my own equipment :cool:

Attention! You need to learn how to use scripts (especially in this case “easyboot-iso.script”).
This helps you a lot in the future :;):

Regards balder

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,06:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

Sincerly i downloaded the BT4R2 file and i do indeed see "casper" However in "casper" there isnt any Bin nor Iso file.

Im assuming i am gonna have to wait. until you try it. I do ineeded use the "memtest86+.bin to run the program instead of isolinux.bin for backtrack 3.... This method makes yer PC go 8000

and i cant figure out why ???

in "casper"

I see.
1> filesystem.manifest
2>filesystem.manifest-desktop
3> filesystem.squashfs
4>sedIMqeji

Which one do i use if so....... :cool:

I was thinking the memtest86+.bin from BT4R2 Boot folder.........  ???

Well for a few days let me know. i have google EVERYWHERE. i do have a GUI Base DVD from China that has all 3 i think im going to view it. BRB later.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,06:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

to help you in the process. :D

the DVD from China has 2 Boot files, one name Boor, other name boot. One folder name BT4 and nother BT3.

However Seems odd that the BT4 has "isolinux.bin in its folder... DO not know why, Should i copy it? is it a special patch written over? Even the BT3 has the isolinux.bin and both are the same name, ???
im seeming to think seperate folder name boor is why... altho i like to know your opinon.  :cool:

Good day
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,06:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

I downloaded ;
BackTrack 4 R2 Release ISO
Last Update: 22.11.2010
Name:: bt4-r2.iso Size: 2000 MB
Link HERE

Question is; are we dealing with same backtrack ???

In my ISO there is only two folders;
Folder “casper” and a folder “boot" :O

You have to do a lot of changes if your goal is to use the “old solution” - having all folders from different linux distro's on the same root
(folder disk1 is the root for easyboot if you wonder) .

Instead I again ask you to use the “frugal solution” as described in tutorial in post nr; 2 :cool:

Regards balder

--------------
41 replies since Apr. 19 2011,15:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 5<<12345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code