Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 5<<12345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack, In Need of Little Help...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
blackwater101726 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,08:18  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

No disrespect, But we are dealing with the same Project here :D

Backtrack 4 R2. iso.

Casper and Boot. Correct....  

bcdw /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin is not the command im using,  :laugh:

this is

bcdw /boot/memtest86+.bin < might be off. but this was what was in BT4R@ boot folder.....

there isnt a isolinux.bin this time.
Doesnt work.

I suck.. :(  :D

Please help...

Im doing it kinda like you told me...

1. Open backtrack ISO with UltraIso and extract folder “boot” and folder BT3” to folder disk1 in EasyBoot.
2. Create menu in EasyBoot and use menu command.  bcdw /boot/memtest86+.bin
3. When creating ISO in EasyBoot (pushing button “Make ISO”) check “Joliet”

Doesnt work.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,08:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I’m pretty sure you can use my “frugal solution” as described in post nr; 2

???  
Where is the Backtrack 4 R2 on Post Number 2? that was only Backtrack 3. memtest86+.bin or something near that is in that BOOT FOLDER of Backtrack 4R2. There is no Isolinux.bin However. The China software I got.... uses the Isolinux.bin for both BT3 and BT4. Might be Backtrack 4 Final and not R1 or R2.

Mestest.iso is a checker of some sort.
 Post Number: 23
balder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,10:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: ”Im doing it kinda like you told me...”

The word “kinda” (kind of) is talking for it self – this is NOT what I instructed you to do :(

Quote: “use menu command.  bcdw /boot/memtest86+.bin”
I haven’t used or recommended this as I’m unsure it works correctly ???

Quote: “Where is the Backtrack 4 R2 on Post Number 2?”

I quote from post nr; 17
“I’m pretty sure you can use my “frugal solution” as described in post nr; 2
But here you instead extract folder “casper” to folder disk1 in Easyboot”

So the major difference I can notice in my download is that BT3 uses a folder BT3 as repository for the needed base-files (folder with base-files that we need to extract to the root in easyboot=folder disk1).
And in BT4 there is a folder “casper” that is the repository for the “base”-files.

Rest of folder and/or files (basically “boot”-files) are left in ISO and then we launch this ISO-file using my script “easyboot-iso.script”.
Hereby you can reach and use that memtest you are asking for :cool:

By the way – what is the difference in memtest I recommended to use in post nr; 2 from the one in backtrack?
Is there any important or vital differences?
I doubt there is any vital difference at all ???

Note: The “frugal solution” (means simple solution) and can mostly be used with success to linux distro’s.

Can you please download English version of backtrack (bt4_r2) as stated in post nr; 20 and test the “frugal solution” to this one?

Finally – I must repeat that I’m not using my own computer so you have to wait a couple of days (if you not are more reasonable and use “frugal solution” to solve your problems) as I’m not able to do “what I want” with this tiny laptop I’m currently using

Regards balder

--------------
Download complete set of scripts including help file HERE
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2011,19:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"extract folder “casper” to folder disk1 in Easyboot” CHECK.. DONE..... :D

Quote: “use menu command.  bcdw /boot/memtest86+.bin”
I haven’t used or recommended this as I’m unsure it works correctly
***   I HAVE AND IT SHOWS
???
Can you please download English version of backtrack (bt4_r2) as stated in post nr; 20 and test the “frugal solution” to this one? :p

YOU MEAN THIS? ***
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/

I HAVE SEVERAL TIMES. ALSO REBURN FEW ON DVD TO EXTRACT THE "BOOT" AND CASPER TO"
easyboot=folder disk1..
:cool:
ALTHO CHINA HAS THE ISOLINUX.BIN. DONT WORK EITHER.
LAST POST.

SINCE YOU DIDNT DO IT AND YOU THINK IT WORKS, IM GUESSING IM GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT A FEW DAYS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, IF YOU LIKE TO MAKE 25.00 ON PAYPAL, LET ME KNOW. IM WILLING TO PAY TO YOUR EMAIL. I JUST WOULD LOVE THE SCRIPTS AND COMMANDS FOR BACKTRACK 1 2 3 4  THEN 5 IN MAY 10TH.

Backtrack 1 had a few bugs so went straight to 2.

THANKYOU. :cool:

TEXT.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2011,01:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: “ALSO REBURN FEW ON DVD TO EXTRACT THE "BOOT" AND CASPER TO"
easyboot=folder disk1..

Why burning ISO-file to a DVD ???
Why don’t you simply open ISO-file using UltraIso or similar program ???

And there is no need to “SHOUT” (use UPPERCASE to letters) it works well with lowercase and looks nicer as well :;):

If you even not are able to open ISO-files with programs like UltraIso – well then this looks like “mission impossible” :O

It looks like we need to start from scratch so as first step: Let me know when you are able to open ISO-file using UltraIso or similar program :cool:
Then we can proceed to next step.

Regards balder

--------------
Note: Script collection updated 11 may 2017. Scripts mainly support EasyBoot_6.5 or later
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2011,03:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why burning the Iso to DVD?
Answer is : So i can boot and still use Backtrack 2,3,4,5 from the DVD and still install it @ anytyme.  :D

I have done and open several Iso files since they are shine Orange for Power iso. Even the Format is set @ iso. I usually take and copy them to the C:\EasyBoot\disk1

Only The folders BOOT and CASPER were set in disk1

And there is no need to “SHOUT” (use UPPERCASE to letters) it works well with lowercase and looks nicer as well ???  Sorry. Love typing in Uppercases, lol not intend to be shouting even the DEAF says THIS IS SHOUTING  :D
WELL for now, I guess you can keep me posted, Ive tried everything 2,3 works 4 don't.

Even Googling it,  I don't seem to find one topic about it. I see people complaining about it...

Well talk later PEACE. :cool:
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2011,13:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

Quote: ”I don't seem to find one topic about it”

Well I have tested integrating BT3 as told in tutorial for in post nr; 2
From my point of view, issue concerning BT3 is solved; as I have tested this and it works - you can even transfer the whole EasyBoot menu with folders and files to USB (use easyboot-grub-iso.script to make this possible) :;):

Further more I’m pretty sure same solution can be used to BT4_r2 as well (but extracting folder casper instead for folder BT3).

I have no idea why you don’t use my script as this solves your problem ???

As soon as I’m back at my home residence I will test backtrack-4_r2
However I will test solution given in post nr; 2 (frugal solution) as I’m pretty sure this works for BT4_r2 as well :;):

Hopefully the “blackwater” is a little more “light” in colour in a couple of days :)
I’ll be in touch

Regards balder.

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2011,17:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,
:D  Good, I hope to see it work. I have tried many time on backtrack 4 r2 May 10th will be coming out with Backtrack 5!

Yes backtrack 1,2,3 has isolinux, Backtrack 4, and maybe 5 wont.

If i am doing everything right you should see

this i dunno why.

2. Can we use any iso with EZBOOT? like iso games?

As soon as you get back to your residence,

Make Wordpad and keep real good instructions for backtrack 1,2,3, 4r2, 5
Send me your paypal email name:

Your work is done.
Once I test them, You'll receive $25.00 no joke.

Backwater is a nickname from my grandfather 1943 ww2. He was drinking the water from the island which was dirty black. while everyone jokes about the Blackwater Merch which isnt the same.

Blackwater101726
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2011,17:17 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@blackwater101726

I finally have downloaded backtrack-4_r2 :p

We cannot simply launch memtest86+.bin (extracted from ISO).

And much more important is this statement:

Following enhancements can be found in memtest v4.20 (floppy image downloaded from link in post nr; 2)
• New Features
o Added failsafe mode (press F1 at startup)
o Added support for Intel "Sandy Bridge" CPU
o Added support for AMD "fusion" CPU
o Added Coreboot "table forward" support
• Bug Fixes
o Corrected some memory brands not detected properly
o Various bug fixes
• Added support for Core i7 Extreme CPU (32nm)
• Added support for Core i5/i3 (32 nm)
• Added support for Pentium Gxxxx (32 mn)
• Added support for Westmere-based Xeont
• Added preliminary support for Intel SNB A0-step
• Added support for AMD 6-cores CPU
• Added detection for Intel 3200/3210
• New installer for USB Key
• Corrected a crash at startup
• Many others bug fixes

You do not have these enhancements in memtest that is built-in to backtrack-4_r2
Backtrack4_r2 uses memtest-v2.01
And backtrack-3 use memtest-v1.65

Why don’t you use the best memtest instead of using an old memtest that doesn’t support new motherboards ???
The latest memtest (download showed in post nr; 2) support old and the newest motherboard structure (new memory standards as well).

I simply don’t understand why you use a bad solution when I have presented a very reliable and extremely simple solution to use the very best memory test program that can be downloaded for free.

To integrate memtest-v4.20 do as following:
1. Download memtest ISO-file from HERE
2. Extract ISO-file from zip-file.
3. Extract “MEMTEST.IMG” from folder “BOOT” in extracted ISO-file (I used UltraIso for this operation)
4. Copy extracted MEMTEST.IMG to folder ezboot and in EasyBoot menu use menu command:  run MEMTEST.IMG

That’s it.

And use solution as told in post nr; 27 to integrate backtrack4-ISO (but extracting folder casper instead for folder BT3)

Please take attention to that these kind of files takes efforts in many ways to handle and testing – such ISO-files is simply to BIG to “play around with” – it takes to much time to test etcetera :(
I have delivered a solution that is working (using my set of scripts etcetera) and I’m close to finish this Topic as I have at least tested backtrack-3 and proved it works alright.

balder

Edited by balder on Apr. 25 2011,17:17

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2011,01:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Balder,

* I finally have downloaded backtrack-4_r2 :p

We cannot simply launch memtest86+.bin (extracted from ISO).

figures I was doing something right, we can not use the original Iso, from backtrack 4R2. something wasn't really right...

Give me 2 days I'll be back, You close to finishing it, well nice, I need one more. Backtrack 5 May 10th, No copy out yet. Do u know if its the same as 2,3 or like 4? I was told Different that both!

Blackwater
41 replies since Apr. 19 2011,15:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 5<<12345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply EZBOOT and the Collection of Backtrack
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code