» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Change in Size< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Jbossa Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2005,01:39  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I downloaded an ISO file that is approx 715mb (by windows properties pr details).   When opened in Ultra Iso it says that the total size of all the files is 1.6 gb.   I added a tiny file and saved.   Now the new Iso is 1.6 gb.  

So I thought, for some reason, windows is not "seeing" the real size of the original Iso file.  Hence I tried to burn it into a CD.  It burned normally and it seems to be working well.

Anything that I do to the original ISO makes it more than twice its size:  converting to Bin, deleting a file etc.

Can someone give me a possible explanation?  If the real size is 1.6gb how come it fits in a Cd and it works?.

Thanks a lot
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
urie Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2005,22:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Make sure you have optomize set in the properties menu
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
hi13182
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2005,10:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

same happens to me... size of image file is 700 MB where as the contents of image file are 5GB... i simply don't understand how can it be possible... xoben buddy please look out for something i already post a new topic as 5GB of data = 700 MB of iso image file... please look at this topic to get more details...thank you

2 replies since Aug. 12 2005,01:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Change in Size
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code